Friday, September 24, 2010

A Look Ahead: So What is a RSS Feed?

Next week we will be looking at wikis and reading a chapter on RSS feeds. In this class we have not really covered RSS feeds as it seems the class is always over whelmed with all the other stuff anyway. But, I figured I would give you a look at two RSS items. One is a video about RSS feeds and the other is an RSS feed from my Google Reader, which is an RSS feed "aggregator."

If you can imagine adding a single item on your blog or on your website, Blackboard perhaps, that automatically updates with the latest information from your favorite online journal or magazine. That is one way to look at an RSS feed. You put it somewhere once and it goes and retrieves information for you. Forever I guess.

Anyway, here is the video and my Google Reader feed below it.




No comments:

Post a Comment