Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spring EDU 255 Welcome on a Freezing Day!

This class has so many of the elements that I enjoy about the internet on it. We explore, we share, we wonder and get lost, we get nervous and frustrated, we calm and let go, and we go as a group into the world of this thing called the web. Good stuff.

I am currently involved in a very new adventure in online learning myself. I have been working in an online course about Digital Storytelling. The class is offered from a fellow named Jim Groom at the University of Mary Washington. The course is offered face to face, as a hybrid like this course, and as an open course. Or a MOOC (massive open online course). It has been an amazing experience these past three weeks. So many new connections and people who do great things in education! Here is the course. Here is my blog for the course. Here is a description of a MOOC.



The class has been very interesting as I see this thing called education expand into new environments. Blackboard being one of them. Blogs and wikis are others. What will we do with these things? Are they opportunities?

Welcome to the class and I am super excited to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment